Gulf Coast Podiatry is happy to accept new patients and offer them the podiatric services that you need to ease pain or find relief from a foot, leg or ankle-related problem. Dr. Kiefer and his staff offer comprehensive podiatric services with a focus on your wellbeing through in-depth examinations, decades of expertise and complete dedication to his patients.
Whether you are suffering from a minor podiatric condition or you are seeking a foot doctor to treat a chronic condition, Dr. Kiefer at Gulf Coast Podiatry is the local podiatrist to call. He offers over two decades of hands-on podiatric experience. Call today to schedule your appointment.
Click here to download new patient forms.
Is this the first time you have visited a podiatrist? Well, don’t worry. This handy guide will prepare you for your appointment and help make the most of your time with our foot and ankle expert.
Before Your Visit:
- Download and complete our office paperwork.
- Write down your symptoms, recent changes you have noticed and any questions you may have concerning your feet. Be specific so we may address your concerns properly.
- Gather and bring your most recent medical record and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- If your problem involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes with you to the appointment.
Upon Your Arrival:
- Bring your completed paperwork, insurance card and photo ID.
- Your copay will be collected upon checking in.
Your Visit With Dr. Kiefer:
- Wash your feet and ankles but DO NOT APPLY ANY LOTIONS OR CREAMS.
- One of our highly trained medical assistants will escort you back to the examination room and begin collecting your past medical history, medication list and reason for your visit. BE SPECIFIC in explaining the reason for today’s visit.
- Let us know if you are currently being treated by other doctors.
- Let our staff know if you are pregnant or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Dr Kiefer will evaluate your condition(s), explain treatment options and answer all your questions. If you do not understand his answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Feel free to take notes!
- If a new medication is prescribed make sure you understand why it has been prescribed and how to take it.
After Your Visit:
- Check with your insurance company for participating facilities if any outside tests are ordered (blood work, CT scan and MRI).
- Ask about what you need to do to get ready and possible side effects. Ask when and how the test results will be made available to you.
- Call our office and ask for your test results if you have not heard from us within one week.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave.
- Any coinsurance, deductible amounts or non-covered services will be collected at the completion of your visit.